A Learner's Licence (LL) is valid for a period of 6 months. Driving Licence (DL) should be applied 30 days after after issue of LL and before the end of validity. Application for Learner’s Licence should be filled up in form 2 accompanied by:
Evidence of correctness of address and age is required during application. For eg.
- Electoral Roll
- Life Insurance Policy
- Pay slip issued by any office of Central/State government or local body
- School certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Certificate granted by a registered medical practitioner not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon, as to age of person.
- A person should have completed 16 years to obtain license for 2 wheelers without gear.
- A person should have completed 18 years age to obtain license for 2 wheelers with gear, Motor-car, Tractor and other non-transport vehicles.
- For transport vehicles, a person should have completed 20 years of age. In addition he should be passed standard 8th pass and should have experience of 1 year driving a light motor vehicle.
Necessary DocumentsProof of your ordinarily residing address and date of birth through any one of the following documents:
- School Leaving Certificate
- Birth Certificate Ration Card
- Passport Electricity
- Telephone Bill
- House Tax Receipt Pay slip issued by any office in the Central
- Government or a local body Get the copy of the document attested by a Gazette officer of the central
- State government or a local body